Getting started on or staying engaged in a physical fitness routine really might be just about taking one step at a time. That's right - putting one foot in front of the other, for as little as 30-minutes a day - can help improve your physical and mental health and help you build regular healthy habits.
- When you log 25 miles over the course of the month, you'll be entered to win one of three great prizes.
- on October 28! This fun walk/run through downtown Frankfort is a family-friendly, fun event that raises money for the Y's Annual Giving Campaign. Walk consistently through October to get those legs ready for 3.1 miles of a unique route near the state capital and surrounding area.
- Hit up one of the YMCA of Central KY that have a walking track and see how many laps you can get in.
- Head outside! Near our Ys, the Beaumont/Harrods Hills and Hamburg neighborhoods are very walker-friendly. The area surrounding High St. offers great downtown views (and lots of options for a mid-walk coffee!). The North Lexington YMCA sits adjacent to Lexington's .
- Learn how to use the treadmills! Our Wellness staff can help you get acquainted with the equipment so you can always have an option to get some steps in - no matter what the Kentucky weather is doing!
- Instead of taking one long walk, why not aim for several short ones through the day? Pick a place a little farther than you would normally go, and walk instead of drive.
Do you have tips for getting more steps in? We'd love to hear them! Email us at email@example.com or tag us on social (we're active on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn!) and we just might share your ideas!