FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Y mobile app is an added value, member benefit. There is no cost to download or use the app.
- Open the app and click “Log in | Sign Up”
- Click the “Create Account” button
- Select your home YMCA location
- Fill in your contact information and create a password
- Click “Create Account” to start using the app
- Login to the Y mobile app
- Click the barcode icon located in the top right corner
- Select the “Add Barcode” button
- Type in your barcode ID number (located on your membership keyfob) or scan the barcode
- Click “Save” in the top right corner
- You can also add multiple barcodes (for others on your membership) to the app. To do this click on the barcode icon, click the + symbol in the top right, then follow the same steps as above.
- When you want to check in, simply open the app, tap the barcode icon and scan at the Welcome Desk (stop by the Welcome Desk at your YMCA if you need your barcode number).
Yes, to connect your fitness tracker to the Y mobile app, use the “Connected Apps” title. You can manage how your health data is synced to the app. Please note: if you sync a fitness tracker, then you will not want to manually record your workouts in the “Workout” tile. This will cause the app to duplicate workouts. Your fitness tracker will record your workouts and automatically sync to the Y mobile app.
Connected apps include: Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, MapMyFitness, Misfit, MyFitnessPal, Polar, Precor, Runkeeper, Strava, Suunto, TomTom, Withings, MyZone
Yes, notifications about closures, class changes, important registration dates and community events will be sent out. Make sure to turn on notifications within the app settings.
Schedules can be found in the app under the “Classes” tile. You can filter by location, class type and instructor. You can also reserve a class (those that require it) using this feature.
Classes that require reservations are: LIFT, Cycling, TRX®, Kettlebell and group water exercise classes at C.M. Gatton Beaumont YMCA. Reservations are made through the “Classes” tile. These can be made by selecting the class you want to attend and clicking “Book Class”.
Click on the + symbol in the upper right-hand corner. This will expand a quick actions menu. Click on “Find Locations” and then select the location you are looking for and then navigate to view hours.
To learn more or join a challenge go to the “Challenges” tile in the app. Select the challenge you’re interested in and click the “Join” button to participate. As you complete eligible workouts, your challenge progress will automatically increase until you hit the goal. Check the challenge description and rules for details on eligible workouts and how to ensure they count towards your goal.
There are two ways to record your workouts. Please note – if you are using a connected fitness tracker, then you will not want to record your workouts manually. This will cause the app to duplicate workouts. Only exception is if a challenge requires the workout to be manually added to count towards the goal.
- Record Manually – Click the “Workouts” tile, click the “+” button in the upper right, set the workout date and time, select the exercises you want to record by hitting the “+” signs, click “Start”, enter the workout information in the space provided (reps, distance, time, etc.), click “Complete Workout”, review details and click “Save Workout”.
- xCapture – Click the “Workouts” tile, click “Take xCapture”, take a picture capturing the full control panel after you finish your workout (time, calories, and/or distance must be in focus, click “Use Photo”, select the device type (Bike, Elliptical, Recumbent Bike, Stepper, Treadmill, or Other). Once the photo is submitted please allow 24 hours for the workout information to show in Workout History.
Click on Precor in the Connected Apps section of the app and create an account. When you log-on to a Precor machine for the first time, it will walk you through the steps to sync your app to the machine using Bluetooth on your phone. Watch a tutorial. We’ll be happy to help you add your information.
- Click the “Goal Center” tile
- Select your goal type (number of workouts, calories, time, or distance)
- Select your target
- Select the period of time you wish to complete your goal
- Name your goal and click “Create”. You can set only one goal at a time.
You can reset your password by opening the app, selecting the “Log in | Sign up” button, and then clicking the “Forgot Password?” link.
Stop by the Welcome Desk at any YMCA of Central Kentucky location or contact us at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help you resolve the problem.