The Y strives every day to provide a welcoming place where anyone - from beginning exercisers to competitive athletes - can come to improve their health and well-being. The following health and wellness policies are designed to help ensure the safety and positive experience of all members who use the Y. Consult a physician before beginning a new program of physical activity.
- Members ages 14 and over are welcome to use the Wellness Center.
- Members ages 10-13 may use the Wellness Center with direct parental supervision, this excludes use of treadmills, free weights and stair climbers. Youth are invited to participate in a youth fitness orientation to receive education on proper fitness training and guidance on establishing healthy goals. After completing a youth fitness orientation, youth ages 10-13 may use approved equipment with direct parental supervision.
Health, Well-Being and Fitness Guidelines:
- Please respect our wellness center staff that have complete authority over the Wellness Center.
- Learn how to use the wellness center equipment safely and with proper technique. Members may schedule an equipment orientation with one of our staff.
- Please do not sit on equipment in between sets, please allow others to work in on equipment.
- To maintain a family-friendly environment, members must wear appropriate attire at all times. Please wear closed-toed, athletic shoes with non-marking soles at all times.
- Your health matters. Wipe off and disinfect equipment after each use.
- Please use courteous phone etiquette by refraining from loud phone conversations. Avoid using your cell phone while on equipment or resting on the machine between sets.
- Abide by the 30-minute time limit rule on cardio equipment during peak times.
- Please use earbuds or headphones when listening to personal music devices.
- Refrain from slamming, banging, or tossing weights/plates. Please re-rack weights, dumbbells, bars, and collars to their appropriate storage areas. Use collars on olympic bars for safety and have a spotter when lifting heavy weights.
- Be kind and mindful. Swearing, grunting, or distracting others with offensive noises, aggressive behavior or inappropriate language will not be allowed.