FOR A SAFER US
At the YMCA of Central Kentucky, safety is our number one priority. We believe it is our social responsibility to do everything we can to keep our members, participants, volunteers and staff healthy and slow the spread of the coronavirus in our community.
Please keep in mind, guidelines are subject to change based on new information or additional guidance from heath officials.
- All YMCA of Central Kentucky employees are required to wear a face mask/covering. Due to the current surge in cases, it is necessary to protect staff, members and the children who are in our care on a daily basis.
- All children (ages 5 and older) in our care at the YMCA of Central Kentucky's Kids Corner, Early Learning Child Care Centers (Crayon Club and Center for Children), and after school programs will be REQUIRED to wear a face mask/covering per the Kentucky governor’s new executive order.
- Public health officials recommend that everyone wear a mask in any indoor public spaces.
Operating with Care
- The YMCA will continue to practice safety measures, including plexi-glass protective barriers and contact-free scanning for check-in.
- Enhanced cleaning practices and frequency.
- Distribution of cleaning spray bottles for member use before and after using equipment.
- Towel service at High Street YMCA remains suspended.
- Reservations are not required for lap swimming, open swim and most group exercise classes. Classes that require reservations are: LIFT, Cycling, TRX, and Kettlebell. Reservations for water exercise classes at C.M. Gatton Beaumont YMCA are required.
- Can't make it in person? Check out our list of virtual class offerings. Check-in with your member barcode to our Virtual YMCA to view schedule.
As a reminder, COVID-19 vaccinations are available at our Whitaker Family YMCA:
Available Appointment Days and Times:
Monday-Thursday, 2-7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - Noon
Appointments are required. For more information about how community members can sign up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and what to expect when you arrive at the Y for your vaccine, please sign up online or call (859) 217-4679.
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 RESOURCES