October is the “unofficial New Year” for many of us. For parents and students this year it’s navigating new school routines. But even if you’re not involved in the school year, October is the perfect month for a routine RESET!
Remember: repetition is what makes for a successful routine. So something done consistently (daily or weekly) is more likely to stick! And if you couple routine with reward then your chance of success doubles!
So get ready to recharge your mind and body by approaching ‘motivation’ in a different way. Between Oct. 19-Nov. 15, join our challenge to rev up your fitness routine by visiting your local Y. And to help you stay focused so that you achieve more and stay on track, here's how it works:
- Check-in an average of four (4) times per week and receive a YMCA water bottle
- Check-in an average of five (5) times per week and receive a YMCA workout towel and be entered into a grand prize drawing for a $100 gift card
- Virtual check-ins count, too! If you take a live class with us, please scan your bar code at the below link each time you take a class: ymcacky.org/live-workouts-checkin
- Those with high usage each week will receive an extra award and recognition
- Prizes will be awarded at the end of the challenge (one prize/qualifying member; prizes cannot be stacked)
Another way to earn a gift! Post a workout photo in the YMCA of Central Kentucky’s Facebook Group: Health & Fitness Community. Tag yourself, friends, and YMCA of Central Kentucky and use #YRevUpChallenge