SAFE, AFFORDABLE CHILD CARE SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES
The upcoming school year will look and feel different, but one thing remains constant, the YMCA of Central Kentucky will continue to be focused on serving our community, especially when it comes to nurturing the potential of every child.
We recognize the importance of quality, safe child care when traditional school is not in session, and the Y will be here with options that match the new academic calendar.
More details will be coming soon - please check back frequently
Our plans at this time for out of school time support for the fall, include:
- We will offer full-day licensed care from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. The cost will be $175 per week and paid one week in advance;
- The program will offer enrichment opportunities, educational support, social emotional learning and physical activity. It will also include a summer learning loss prevention program August 31 – September 21;
- The program is open to school-age children, ages 5-12 (must be 5-years-old on or before August 1, 2020);
- Daily rate may be available upon request but will be based on space and availability (Full day cost is $40 per day; paid in advance);
- We will not be offering care August 17-21.
Current list of confirmed sites are below. The YMCA will evaluate the need for additional locations as needs arise.
C.M. Gatton Beaumont YMCA
3251 Beaumont Centre Circle
Lexington, KY 40513
North Lexington Family YMCA
381 W. Loudon Avenue
Lexington, KY 40508
Whitaker Family YMCA
2681 Old Rosebud Road
Lexington, KY 40509
Our Out of School Time Care programs will be set up with health and safety guidelines and recommendations from state and local officials. Our programming and activities might look a little different based on current guidelines.
Registration opens Wednesday, August 12. Register now!
We will offer financial assistance to families who qualify. Please note, if you qualify for the Child Care Assistance Program (known as CCAP), we do ask that you apply first through Benefind for assistance before applying with the YMCA. This can be done by visiting https://benefind.ky.gov/.